Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Network Neighbourhood 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

JamesTalon

Technical User
Apr 22, 2003
US
After being an idiot and removing network neighbourhood from my desktop and into the recycling bin, I emptied it out without realizing that it was in there at the time. However, I have tried to get it back with no luck even after using Tweak UI, removing the dial-up folder via add/remove programs under windows Set-up and then re-installing it. Does anyone know how I can possibly get that back on my desktop without anything to extreme being done to my laptop?

first off i dont believe you can actually delete network neighborhood, go to control panel /networks/ and i believe it is logon type.. change it to windows logon, restart, then go back and change it back to client for microsoft networks i believe and restart again, it should be back..not on a 98 machine right now so this is from memory

Ok - I'm trying it now, although I likely won't be able to fully try it since its the last deadline for the yearbook we're making - I"ll let you know how it turns out and if it works.

I did all that, and so far, theres no 'Network Neighbourhood' icon on the desktop - And theres no icon for it in the 'Control Panel' - Only the 'Network' icon

Buckeye: I did, and I did what you suggested the first time but it didn't work.

HKinNYC: Thanks alot for that link, it worked wonderfully =)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back