Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Network Monitoring

Status
Not open for further replies.

trussman

Technical User
Feb 19, 2004
US
I know this may not be the right place, but I could not find any other place to ask this question. I am trying to find a piece of software that will allow me to monitor our network traffic. Basically I am looking for something that I see if our T1 line is maxed out or what. We have been running into problems with it being maxed out.

A little background into our network. We are running a peer-to-peer network. We do not have a central server of any kind. We have a Linksys router. I am trying to find something for us to troubleshoot with, before calling our provider.

Is there software out there that will me to see what our traffic is? Obviously something that is free would be great, or at least free to try, but does not cost thousands of dollars to purchase.

Thanks for your help.

I use a combination of PRTG and Crannog. I have PRTG up running constantly so I can see if there is a problem. If I see something not right, I will drill down into Crannog to see exactly what and who is eating our bandwidth.

Matt Wray

Thank you guys for your help. I will look into these and see which one works best for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back