Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Network message waiting

Status
Not open for further replies.

cpm23

Technical User
Mar 18, 2005
US
I have two Option 11c's networked together with an Octel at one site. One is release 25.40 and the other is release 3.0. I can not light the message light across the network, either manually or through the Octel. I have MWI and ND2 in the RCAP of the Dchannel. Any ideas?

If all voice mail features and functionality seem to working but no MWI, check to be sure you have PKG 175 NMS (Network Message Service).
LD 22
REQ PRT
TYPE PKG

I do have that PKG in both switches. I should have mentionrd that in my original post. Thanks.

Try turning on incomming messages on your D-Channel to see if you are getting anything when a message is left. It is possible something is not right on the Octel side, but if you leave a message, you should see a message come in to lite the lamp on your phone (Should be something like a facility message for the DN you left the message for).

Hope this helps,

Scott M.

I have Dchannel messaging turned on. I'm getting a Facility Reject message. Thanks

Can you see what digits are being sent? Based on your post, it looks like the Octel is connected to one Option 11 (via some digital set interface I assume) and then the MWI is passed out the other PBX via a PRI. Do the lamps light on the directly connected PBX? If so, what types of outgoing messages are you sending to the other PBX? It could be the messages are being rejected because once they are routed, some form of route info is included in the facility message, which would not correspond to the set on the far end.

I am simply trowing things out to see if anything sticks.

Scott M.

How many digits is your octel sending to the M1 when it asks to lite the lamp? It may be that whats being send is has too many digits and may need to be altered on the receiving M1(LD90 HLOC w/DGT to delete necessary digits).

Also check the ORG6 information, look for 81(PNI 1), If this is not present then you may need a patch in the signaling Server.

Thanks srmega and RVstew for the replies. To answer srmega's questions: The dchannel message does not show the digits dialed. It is a facility message on channel 0. The lights work fine on the local PBX. We have tried using the MIK key to light a message light across the PRI and it fails.
I'll look further into the digit string being sent. Thank you both.

The lack of number on the Channel 0 facility message could be an issue. When I was testing a QSIG connection between my 81 and a Cisco (and Mitel) gateway, we had IP phones on the gateway. During testing, we verified MWI worked, and it does show the extension in the facility messages. I do not know if the same would be true inan MCDN, Nortel to Nortel (I could check), but it would seem to me the D-Channel has to know what lamp to light, i.e. by extension.

Hope this helps,

Scott M.

What RLS ID is on your D-channels? Both ends should be greater than 16 but not higher than 25.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back