Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Network Legal Notice

Status
Not open for further replies.

FireMike84

Technical User
Feb 5, 2004
US
I have been working on creating a legal notice that pops up before users log in. I origninally created the standard legal notice that simply has an OK button on it. What I am trying to do is create the same thing but with an Accept and Decline button where the accept button will let them through and the decline button will reboot there computer. I created a script that would do this exact thing where the problem lies is that I placed this in the startup scripts in GP but if a user logs out then the script will not be executed again. Does anyone have any ideas or know of an esier way of doing this within windows with out a script.

Thanks

Mike Walton
Network+

Did you place the script in the computer or user part of group policy? If in the computer part, it will not run again until you reboot the computer.

Start, Help. You'll be surprised what's there. A+/MCP/MCSE/MCDBA

I don't know how to make a script of what you ask or how to get it to popup more than once, but if you are looking to be covered legally, putting in the message, by clicking ok you agree to the statement, or something to that affect, you should be okay.

The computer part of group policy runs at boot, and only at boot. A logon and logoff will not trigger a computer policy that runs at boot a second time. User policies that run at startup obviously have to run when the user logs in, which is past the time you want to have that message.

I don't have time to look now, but if there was a way to prevent LOGOFF as one of your options, you could limit the PC to SHUTDOWN or RESTART only, that way your "at boot" script would run everytime. It might be a bit cumbersome for you and your users tho.

Thanks for all the responses,

I think I will end up simply using the default legal notice where you just click ok. I know I had seen the I accept or decline button before so that is why I was trying to figure that part out becuase I liked that better. I will continue to test and see if I can come up with anything.

Thanks again for all your responses

Mike Walton
Network+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back