Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Network issue on Win 2000 laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

moggy44

Technical User
Nov 13, 2002
GB
I have an Evesham Laptop with Windows 2000 and SP1, I am trying to connect via Network to other machines the LAN connection is fine as I can connect to the internet via my router, but cannot find a way of configuring a network connection to other machines. Can anyone give me some advise I am used to XP and that is a dodle.

Regards John.M

PS hope this is the corretc forum.

Found the way I think you connect to the network, D.Click Entire Network and then click the link at the bottom of the text and a wire icon comes up which I clicked on then MSHOME and WORKGROUPS icons where displayed and as the network was MSHOME it found it very easily when I click on that.
Another question as the SP version on this laptop is SP1 am I safe updating to SP4 or is there a way of checking machine to see if it would cause any problems.

Regards John.M

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back