Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Network Internet Bandwith Usage

Status
Not open for further replies.

edwinhunt

MIS
Jun 24, 2004
US
hi all,

i'm looking for a "simple" software that i can use in my lan to find out who's using the most internet bandwith. i really need this just to be simple and straight forward. nothing fancy or elaborate. i'm just interested on the internet web traffic and nothing else. any suggestions or recommendations?

thanks,
edwin

Edwinhunt,
I would highly recommend SOMIX.

Download their DENIKA software package. Its basically MRTG except it is way more friendly. The only catch is you'll have to enable SNMP on network devices. By default servers should have that turned on. You'll be in for a treat with this software because it also gives you a lot more than just bandwidth usage, CPU, Free Memory, Free Disk space... the list goes on.

They don't explain the installation process very well. First download DENIKA from the products page. Its free but you'll have to provide some info for their sales team. The pay for version has some bells and whistles. Once you get the installer install the software on a machine that you want it on. Once its complete you log in via a web page. The installer puts a shortcut on the desktop. Once you get logged in I had to go to the UPDATE MANAGER and go to the plug-in's. Thats were you can *actually* download DENIKA and start using it.

Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back