Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Network identification properties domain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 8, 2003
US
I changed my network identification from domain to workgroup in an effort to connect to my home network. When I restarted I was not able to log into windows, it did not recognize my password. How do I switch it back to the previous configuration when I can't even log into windows. please help, thanks.

to start with, is your home network running a server? if so you should of just changed the domain settings to the new server name. Secondly whether you are running a domain or not you should have the choice to log onto the standalone computer, although if your computer was previously part of a domain you will need administrative rights for the individual machine.

You can log into the system with the built in Administrator account and password. This does not care if you are logging onto a domain or workgroup

For built in Administrator account, the username usually is Administrator and the password which you might have given while configuring the system very first time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back