Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Network General drivers needed (Xircom CBE-10/100BTX)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jwortiz

Technical User
May 25, 2001
US
Folks,

I'm looking for a working Network General (Xircom CBE-10/100BTX) PCMCIA driver. I recently received a new laptop (Dell Latitude C600 running Windows 2000) and I'm trying to use Sniffer Pro 4.5 on it and I cannot see everything on the network such as CRC's, etc.

I've even downloaded the latest Xircom drivers for the CBE-10/100BTX and replaced the Xircom CBEN5.SYS driver with the CBEN5.SYS driver located within the Sniffer Pro 4.5 Win2K driver directory without success.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

You need to use the Sniffer driver.. not the Xircom. On both of my laptops I had to change the card binding since it picked the Xircom drivers by default. I'd tell you exactly where but my memory is not that good ;-)

program_files/nai/sniffer/win2k ??? something like that.

MikeS Find me at
"Diplomacy; the art of saying 'nice doggie' till you can find a rock" Wynn Catlin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back