Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Network connections property sheets disabled

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikrowiz

MIS
Aug 22, 2001
US
I recently broke a team on a multihomed Windows 2003 server using HP's Network Teaming and Configuration Utility 7. Ever since I cannot modify any network properties because the sheets are all locked saying

"Some of the controls on this property sheet are disabled because one or more other Network property sheets are already open. To use these controls, close all these property sheets and then reopen this one."

A reboot of the server did nothing to clear it up, and after some experimentation I was able to recreate the problem by using remote desktop to connect to a server, then close the rdp connection without closing the network configuration property sheet (this is what happened to me when I dissolved the team using a remote desktop session...yeah, i know, duhhhh :)). Does anybody know of a registry entry that locks the property sheets or something. I'm desparate. The terminal server session doesn't exist, yet it is somehow holding the property sheet open so I can't configure my NICs properly on my server. I'm able to get into the properties in safe mode, but my settings don't hold when I boot back into normal mode where I still cannot access the network properties. HELP!

I still need help, but have narrowed it down I think. I did a registry compare of before and after having the properties sheet open. When the network properties sheet is open there is a key called HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Network\NetCfgLockHolder created (and it has the value "Install Queue"). I delete the key, which doesn't unlock the properties sheet like I would think it should, and as soon as I reboot the server it comes back. Any suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back