Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Network Connection 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

spark94411

Technical User
Jun 27, 2001
US
Hello all,
I need some help. I can't connect from my windows machine to my linux 9 server. I install samba and its working fine. I can connect from Linux to windows. But I get this error messege connecting from my windows machine to linux. "network path was not found" . I can see the linux server in network neighborhood, but cant connect to it. I can also ping the linux box by ip from the windows machine but not by name.From the linux box i can ping the windows machine by ip and by name. I ran the testparm and it came back ok. I dont now what else to try. any input would be greatly appreciated.

I googled for ["network path was not found" samba linux]

Found these similar cases:

And found this potential solution:

Good luck.

"Surfinbox Shares" - A fundraising program that builds revenue from dialup Internet users.

do you have the firewall enabled on the linux machine. i had a similar problem with my win XP machine connecting to redhat linux. when i turned it off i was able to connect and access the linux.

peace
david

Thanks lots for both your inputs. Its working after i disable the firewall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back