Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Network Connection

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cecille

Technical User
Jun 29, 2000
US
I installed Sun Solaris 7 for PC on my PC. How can I get it connected to our NT server platform?

Hi Cecille,<br><br>First off, if you are using Microsoft DNS in your NT domain, you need to edit a few files to get your Solaris box onto the network.<br><br>In /etc/nsswitch.conf, edit the following line:<br>hosts:&nbsp;&nbsp;files<br>to read:<br>hosts:&nbsp;&nbsp;files dns<br>&nbsp;<br>Next, edit /etc/defaultrouter and add the ip address of the gateway.<br><br>Next, edit /etc/resolv.conf and add the following lines:<br>domain your.fully.qualified.domain.name<br>nameserver ip.addy.of.dns.server<br><br>Double check your IP address in /etc/hosts and your subnetmask in /etc/netmask<br><br>To have your Solaris box function as a member of the NT domain, please visit <A HREF=" TARGET="_new"> <br>&nbsp;<br>Good luck!<br> <p> <br><a href=mailto: > </a><br><a href= > </a><br>Yahoo Messenger: coily2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back