Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Network Call Park with Meridian Opt.11

Status
Not open for further replies.

bubbaphone

Technical User
Aug 4, 2003
US
I have read the threads regarding Network Call PArk on Meridian. Still having problems with call getting rejected.

I am using a PRI to another PBX, DCH is set for ISGF (QSIG), RLS = 26, RCAP will not accept CPK as valid entry (SCH 6681, RLS is not correct).

I turned on CPN in CDB as per the other thread. Yesterday I managed to get the CPK value set for RCAP, but call was rejected by Meridian for both parking and retreiving.

Any suggestions???

on your d, what do you have for rls of the far end.. that's the err code.. you have nortel switches on both end? then why qsig? i've never heard of network call park the a non nortel switch

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Far end is non-Nortel. Available protocols are EDSS1, QSIG ECMA1, QSIG ECMA2 (which works great with Nortel ISGF, 5ESS, NI2, and DMS100.
The customer is trying to implement Network Call Park to a Meridian PBX. I am looking into the applicaiton, and the documentation I have doesn't specify that it is only a Meridian to Meridian feature, but I was not 100% sure about that.
The actual PBX is VoIP, and H450.5 provides call park, but the connection to Meridian will be PRI, not VoIP. I know that NI2 and 5ESS will not provide call park or supplementary services, so we have to use QSIG.
Meridian documentation isn't specific that it's only a Meridian to Meridian feature, so we decided to try and make it work.

Headaches can be avoided if you have the proper documentation. The watered down version I had didn't indicate the actual requirements.

Full documentation states that CPK is only available for RLS 22+ on IFC=SL1...So I guess we are SOL on this one.
Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back