Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Network and file permissions 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mogen

IS-IT--Management
Nov 15, 2000
GB
We have a group of users on 1 particular server that are getting the following error msg when attempting to update Word docs..."There has been a network or file permission error.Your connection may have been lost."

I have tried various solutions i.e.Service release 2, UNC, as well as a few others Microsofts knowlegebase suggested, to no avail, Novell knowledge base not much help either.

Any ideas?

What type of Novell box? What client are you running on the workstation, ie the version? What O/S on the workstation and what MS Office version. reason I ask is that Novell builds enhancements and fixes into their perspective client. So you may want to research the novell client as the cause or the MS client if that is what you are using to access the Novell box. etc

Mark C. Greenwood, CNE
m_jgreenwood@yahoo.com

CNE 4.11 and CNE 5 certified. BS Degree in MIS. Working in the industry for 8 years.

I work with NT servers, NDS for NT as well.

Hi ,
I have expierenced the same problem, The problem by me was my virus software on the( novell 5 Server) was scanning inbound files, which was causing a conflict or crash by saving. I changed the virus software on the server to scan outbound files and this fixed the problem. This is a known problem.

Hope this helps!!!
Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back