Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Network and Computer/User Managment 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hainley

IS-IT--Management
Oct 10, 2002
US
Let me apologize if this appears to be a duplicate thread..I couldn't find one that gave me an answer.

I have a client that uses a domain (Windows 2000 Server). They have 8 users/workstations that all run Windows 2000 Professional.

All 8 users are using the exact same User Name and Password to logon to the domain. All 8 users have different desktops...(scary, huh?)

Anyway...what I want to do is create individual user accounts for them to logon to the domain while keeping their current desktops intact. I don't want to have to reload software, as I am not sure they have all of it handy.

I know there must be a simple fix to this...but either I'm ultra stupid right now, or very tired. (I'll opt for the 'tired' part!)

Thanks in advance,
John

PS: No, I didn't set their network up!

The domain accounts have been created....thanks for the link...I knew it had to be something simple like that!

I'll try it out tomorrow...and hopefully things will go smoothly!

John

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back