Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Network Analysis Information

Status
Not open for further replies.

DTMan

MIS
Feb 15, 2001
US
Can someone provide some guidelines on some questions that would be needed to be gathered before committing to a network analysis engagement? I am trying to establish some procedures that a customer would need to follow prior to a technician could be deployed for analysis. I'm also interested in any web resources that address a template format for these procedures.

Thank you in advance.

I've been requested by a client to do this, too. The software packs out there don't seem too integral with a Consultant mindset -- more being devised for the permanent IT professional. Anyone out there doing Network Analysis and Documentation at client sites? Happy with a particular grouping of softwares? Thanks,
Matt M. Morris
mattm@mattm.net

Hi matinau,

I am a consultant and use the following products day to day:
- NAI Sniffer Pro
- Fluke NI
- Fluke OPE
- Fluke Optiview
- Ethereal

I have a bunch of links on my site if you want to check it out.

Regards 'Making things work better; bit by bit.'

You forgot Excel or OpenOffice Calc for making the pretty graphs that management loves so much ;)

MikeS
Find me at
"Take advantage of the enemy's unreadiness, make your way by unexpected routes, and attack unguarded spots."
Sun Tzu

fortunat, where is your site?

--Matt Thanks,
Matt M. Morris
mattm@mattm.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back