Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Network 1 printer to 3 PC's using USB???

Status
Not open for further replies.

tpluskota

Technical User
Dec 11, 2002
GB
I have 3 computers on a network that I have no control over, problem is these 3 users dont have access to a printer and they need to print. I have taken a printer up to the site and connected it directly to one of the computers and they can print fine, problem is I need the other 3 to be able to print to the same printer....

I have tried to sahre the printer out and use the attached PC as a print server but restrictions on the network wont allow me to browse.

I cant ask the network admin for a printer..ive tried, we have to provide it!!

I cant install any additional nics to the PC's to make a mini network or attach a print server.

I need some way of getting each of these PC's to print to the same printer using either LPT1 or USB

Anyone knoe of any devices??

Thanks

You said you can't browse. Have you tried providing setting the printer manually, such as:

\\computername\sharedprintername

That works too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back