Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Netware printing

Status
Not open for further replies.

repairer

Vendor
Jan 10, 2002
Does anyone know where I might get a document giving "step by step" details of setting a printer up in Netware?

I have a customer who has a DOS application running on a Netware 4.11 server with five workstations attached, the DOS application runs on the workstations using Win 98, I am trying to set up a number of printers running off the back of the workstations, allowing other users on the network to print to them from the DOS app, I have had help from a number of people but I am still struggling to make this work, can anyone help me, it would be much appreciated.

Pete

Are you using nprinter to share the printers?
Did you remember to do a capture on each workstation?
Don't forget to make nptwin95 start at startup, either through a "runservice" in the registry or by putting a link in the startup folder.
JL Filler,Wilton Public Schools, Wilton CT

Thanks for this info, I was using the nptwin95 and getting error messages, after I made this posting I read one other posting re problems on Win 98 using nptwin95, it detailed the same message I was getting "LPT1 not available" I thought it was something I was doing wrong, I didn't know it was a known problem, the posting said the registry need editing so I am going to try it.
Unsure where nprinter comes in, when I tried to run this file it comes up with a message something like "cannot run in Windows protected mode"

Thanks for your help anyway, hopefully this may fix my problem.

Thanks

Pete

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back