Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Netware down

Status
Not open for further replies.

oakeyes

Programmer
Oct 26, 2000
AE
I am a beginner, and i do not know much about novell.
i have installed sp5 on novell, when the installation finished, i got a message saying that i should write down, and then i should do something else, whichi do not remember.
I wrote down ,and of course, termination was terminated for clients. I did not do anything else, i shut down the novell server.
Next day, when i switched on all servers and clients, i was uable to connect or even browse and see the novell server, is this because of the down command, and how do i solve this problem? please, this is urgent, i need an answer as soon as possible, you help is highly appreciated. The Smart Ant

Normally a reboot should take care of the problem. However, if it does not, I would suggest running DSREPAIR from the console prompt. Run a full unattended repair and see if that solves the problem. In the future, you should always run DSREPAIR before installing any software to the server, incuding patches.
Hope this helps.
Dan

I asked the technician, before your reply, and he said that the NDS is corrupted, the corruption might be caused by some extra components such as LDAP, PKI. Because when i installed Netware first time, i selected all components to be installed. I reinstalled NetWare, and the technician said i would better install nothing of these components because this is just a testing server for ZENworks. I did so, but i still did not install SP5, there is something that worries me, the DOS partition is only 52 MB, will this cause consequent problems after installing SP5? The Smart Ant

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back