Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Netware Clients Having Trouble Printing Through Citrix

Status
Not open for further replies.

jennyg

Technical User
May 21, 2002
AU
Hi,

I am struggling with this Citrix + Novell printing problem as I only know a little about Citrix and Novell. Please help.

We have a small Citrix Farm publish applications to our overseas agents by using NFUSE. This particular agent runs Netware 5.1. Their client pcs are running Windows 98.

They can connect to Citrix and run the applications. The problem arise when they try to print to their local printers. They keep getting error message:

"There was an error found when printing the document "\\SitrixServerName\DocumentName" to CLIENT\UserName#\HP LASERJET PLUS. Do you want to retry or cancell?"

The actual printer is HP Laserjet 1100. I asked my counterpart overseas to uninstall the LaserJet Plus driver and replace it with HP1100 driver for Windows 98, still no luck.

In between, my counterpart overseas had a lot of mystery when the local pcs connected to Citrix, such as different sets of local printers installed on different pcs are shown in ALL client PCs when they are connected to Citrix at the same time. From what I can gather on various Internet resources, this is something to do with Novell and Terminal Server/Citrix. I am not overly worried about this but would be grateful if someone can help to solve the "error printing" problem.

Thanks

JennyG

I would install both drivers on to the Citrisx server.

Does the printer disappear when they log off ?

If not then that may be the problem.

[blue]Arguably the best cat skinner around ! [/blue]

Cheers
Scott

Hi Scott,

I have installed both drivers on Citrix Server since. It didn't seem to fix the problem.

As for your question: Yes, the printers did disappear from one of the two clients. Both clients were using the same login name. Could this cause the problem too?

Thanks
Jenny

Well yes, it is the netbios name that identifies the printer, if you have two client names the same then it will be very confused.

Cheers
Scott

Ah... I will assign two logins then.

Thanks, Scott.

Jenny

The printers should dissappear. When the client whos printers does not dissapper logs off. Delete the printers. You may have to delete everything in c:\winnt(windows)\system32\spool\printers before it will delete, and stop and start the spooler. That ought to do it.

Cheers
Scott

Hi Scott,

On Citrix Server side, all client printers disappear when they log off.

The problem is on the client PC side, i.e. their printers gone disappear after logged in Citrx.

Now they are using two different logins from two client PCs. With one paticular client PC connected to Citrix, the printers comes and goes on client side intermittently. Should they be looking at the Netware printer settings?

Thanks
Jenny

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back