Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NetWare Backup Agent

Status
Not open for further replies.

tobyheywood

IS-IT--Management
Apr 20, 2001
GB
Hi,

I have a Windows 2000 server which connects to the backup agent on my NetWare 6 server. Now the problem I am having is that for some reason it only backs up a third of the files on the Vol1 and skips well over 40,000 files, and gives the error message saying the file was in use (there aren't that many employees to have every file open).

Has anyone experienced this before? Can anyone make any suggestions as to a possible resolution to this?

I would be very greatful for any suggestions.

I have already tried re-creating the backup job and also tried setting read-only and then removing the read-only attributes on files to make sure there were no file locks in place.

Kind regards.

Toby Heywood

Modify your backup job and go to the 'Retry' tab in the options menu. Choose for 'Lock mode if deny write fails'.

This should work

regards

Have you stopped and started NWAGENT? Maybe unloading and reloading the TSA's as well?

-----------------------------------------------------
"It's true, its damn true!"
-----------------------------------------------------

I altered the retry method in time for last nights backup so I will be able to report back when i get into work.

As far as reloading the NWAGENT and reloading the TSA's, I have and to no avail!

So... watch this space! Thanks for your responses!

Regards

Toby Heywood

Cyklops,

Thank you for your help. This as resolved the problem!

I'm also pleased to report that I'm now getting complete successful backups from both the W2K box and the NetWare box.

Thanks again.

Toby Heywood

I have an earlier problem, i have a w2k sp4 with brighstor 9
i want to backup my other lan with netware 5.0.
I install Gateway and cliente service for netware.
but when i want to install the nw agent says that brighstor not detected any client netware install, waht could be

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back