Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Netware API / DST

Status
Not open for further replies.

RSA2000

MIS
Sep 17, 2001
US
We are currently using GroupWise 4.1 API gateway on Netware 6.5 and it has been working flawlessly. However, now that we are approaching Daylight Savings Time, all of our dates are off by an hour. I have created a new DST entry and changed the dates to March 11 and November 4, but they are still an hour off? Does anyone have any ideas how to fix this?

Yes, they were off. I believe the problem is that the Novell server states that DST starts April 1 to October 28, which of course is incorrect. I know if I change it on the server, I may run into synthetic time issues. Just not sure what to do at this point.

Ok, the thing that confused me was that you mentioned the DST change..

Verify the Time Zone parameter.. where are you located? It could be in the Autoexec.ncf or the TIMESYNC.CFG..

Novell has a patch that will change the DST Start and Stop dates for you. I can't recall what the name is, but it's on the patch site.

Even if you get synthetic time, you can work through that. The important thing is to get the time correct. If you're not already synch'ing to an external source, you should set that up as well so you have precision accuracy.. Then it's just a matter of making sure your time zone parameter is set correctly.

Marvin Huffaker, MCNE

I thought this issue was resolved. It worked for 2 weeks, and now we are back to the entries in GroupWise being an hour off. I used the Novell DST tool as well.

Are you referring to the Time Zones in GroupWise System Operations? If so, I have changed that. I did find something out. It is workstation specific. When I calendar an item from the server and open GroupWise, the time is correct. When I open GroupWise on my PC, it is not correct. I have applied the Microsoft XP patch and am stilling having this issue.

I've read that and have been waiting for the patch, but it still not available. Are you having any luck accessing the patch?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back