Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Netware acting weird?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tteknos

MIS
Nov 28, 2001
US
I'm very very new to netware. I'm doing my first install on a system, and I can't make sense of what it's doing. Last thing I was doing was creating partitions, mounting volumes, loading drivers and what not. Anyways I restarted the server, and for the first time now it prompts for File Server name, and Internal Network Number (or something like that). Now I can't seem to load or mount anything (except the existing partitions). Load Install doesn't work, nothing seems to work right. I don't know what I did wrong, or if I'm giving the wrong info. I appreciate any help anyone can offer.

Ted

It sounds like the install did not complete therefore, when the server restarted none of the information was saved except the partition data. Re-install NetWare and overwrite everything as if nothing happened the first time and after you finish loading the drivers, creating partitions, volumes the install program then starts copying files. Once that is done you will be asked to restart the server. At this point all the necessary files are saved and the server should function normally. All this is for NetWare 4.x later versions of NetWare have additional setup processes. Joshua Rothschild
j.rothschild@dynamode.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back