Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Netware 6 installation

Status
Not open for further replies.

manvid

Programmer
Apr 1, 2002
IN
hello all,
can fresh installation of netware be possible, remotely
given that it is in the same network
and the hardware address is known and DOS is upmin the remote machine.
Kindly help

can be done
personaly if it's on the same network - i would go and do it at the server unless it's ribbed

I live in Arizona and I built 4 high end Novell servers in Virgina from scratch. I did everything remotely (via a Compaq RILO card). Only thing I needed help with was changing the CD (And the local guy had to plug the server into the network.)

So yes. you can .

Marvin Huffaker MCNE, CNE
Marvin Huffaker Consulting

marvhuffaker
u were suggesting a solution , using a compaq rilo card..
but is there any other way to it, ir-respective of any card, but in the same network?
TIA

you can do it with a scripted install but takes a long time to setup
only seen this done once by a serious boffin but only as it was an extremely large server rollout

the only true way though remotely is the rib board (wonderful thing - how can you function without them)

but if its on same location - just do it from there

Terry,
what is this scripted install? the time-involved is not an issue here. Can u throw sum light on this
TIA

ProvoGeek
thanks for the link .. but it provides info abt
Automating the NetWare Installation with a Response File &
NetWare Accelerated Upgrade
But I desire to do a fresh installation of Netware remotely
even the IP address has 2 be configured. The additional features also have to be there

And you don't think making an automated install using a script file will not work for you? Please read through the doc before you discount it.

Don't worry about the features until you have the Netware OS installed. You can install the features from NWDEPLOY found on the install CD.

=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+
Provogeek
CNE Network+
Experience

Certified nut case

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back