Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Netware 6.5 Nwadmin doesn't see volumes

Status
Not open for further replies.

NetworkTek

IS-IT--Management
Dec 19, 2007
US
I installed a new Netware 6.5 box into our existing NDS environment. I have ran into sort of a snag. Imanager recognizes my volumes I have created and so everything is good there. But when I open NWAdmin those volumes do not show up. I have never seen this before. Any ideas?? I have never seen this before.

Thanks!

Network+
Inet+
MCP
MCSA 2003
MCTS

There's no reason to even use NWADMIN. It's probably because NWADMIN doesn't have snapins for NSS volumes, i bet the object is there, you just don't see it because the icon isn't what you'd expect.

Use ConsoleOne or in many cases, depending on what you're trying to do, you can do it from the Novell client integrated into Windows Explorer on your workstation

Marvin Huffaker, MCNE
Marvin Huffaker Consulting, Inc.
A Novell Platinum Partner

What even made me notice this was that I started to created users with NWAdmin. When I go to create users home folders it doesn't see the volumes inside NWAdmin, not allowing to create the home folder. That is the only reason I was using NWAdmin. Thanks!

Network+
Inet+
MCP
MCSA 2003
MCTS

It's possible that the volume objects were never created in eDirectory. Sometimes that happens, even though the physical volume exists.. You need to go to the server console and in NSSMU, on the volume properties, hit the Update NDS button. I think it's F8 but you can see it at the bottom of the screen.

Marvin Huffaker, MCNE
Marvin Huffaker Consulting, Inc.
A Novell Platinum Partner

Thanks for your reply. I found it today and it was in fact that. Thanks again!

Network+
Inet+
MCP
MCSA 2003
MCTS

You really shouldn't be using NWADMIN for anything at this point. ConsoleOne with snapins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back