Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Netware 5 & Oracle Workgroup Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

oradba

Technical User
May 9, 2001
IN
I have installed Oracle 7.3.2.0.0 On Novell Netware 5.x. Now I have a strange problem. I am not able to connect to netware server from my 98 clients running the oracle 7.3. I came to know from my friends that oracle 7.3 is not supported in Novell 5. Is it true. If so is there any patches or any other way by which I can handle this situation. Pleas help.

Awaiting your reply

Rgds
Sunil Varma
R.Sunil@hlcl.com

I don't have any experience in this configuration, but I checked on Oracle's Metalink and found this issue in a forum. It's not a supported configuration from Oracle's point of view, but a customer said that they've been running it successfully. (Specifically Oracle 7.3.2.2 and Netware 5) I guess the conclusion is that you run it at your own risk.

Can I have the link.(website). if possible can you pls guide me how they have solved this problem...as i am really in a soup.. still users are loging into the old oracle server which runs on 3.12. pls help

rgds
sunil varma
r.sunil@hlcl.com

Karluk,

can you pls paste the solution in your next reply. As i am running short of time..i am very badly in need of the soultion...pls help me.

rgds
sunil varma

The address for Oracle's Metalink is That's the logon/registration screen. If you haven't already registered you will have to do so before using Metalink. That involves supplying your Oracle customer id number.

I suggest that you have your implementation plans reviewed by Oracle support. I'm sure that they will frown on installing Oracle on an unsupported platform, but no doubt they can steer you towards a configuration that they support.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back