Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Netware 5.1 service pack installation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ekke85

Technical User
Dec 7, 2003
GB
Hi
I have a Netware 5.1 server still with service pack 1. I want to install the new service pack 7. I downloaded the nw51sp7.exe file and placed it on the sys drive as admin. When I run the file it takes a little while to check the security envelope and then it just close. Can anyone tell me how do I extract these file to install the service pack?

The download may have been corrupted. I usually get this when downloading via the proxy server/firewall configuration at my work so I have to download via my broadband connection at home.

It may be worth trying the download again.

-----------------------------------------------------
"It's true, its damn true!"
-----------------------------------------------------

Try going to a dos prompt and running it from there. Then you can at least see what the error is when it aborts.

Marvin Huffaker MCNE, CNE
Marvin Huffaker Consulting

Thanks.
I renamed the file when I downloaded it for some stupid reason and that is why it did not work. Sorry if I wasted your time with this, but it goes to show that I am a CERTIFIED IDIOT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back