Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Netware 5.0 - Adding New Hard disks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jonak

Technical User
Dec 25, 2001
AU
I have a Compaq ProLiant 1600R server running Netware 5.0.
I have two 9.1GB hard disks that have run out of storage andI have just purchased two new 36.4GB hot swappable harddisks to add in a duplexing configuration. I have plugged in the hard disks and dont know what more to do.

I would like some help on what is required on Netware to allow me to view the hard disks and activate them. I dont know if I have to add new devices drivers if the new hard disks are sititng on the current SCSI controller.

If I run the command LIST DEVICES, I get the following error:

[V500-A2-D6:0] Unbound Device Object

I would appreciate any help.

Thanks,
Jona

Jona.k@start.com.au

Use nwconfig and modify disk partitions.
You might want to mirror these two drives, create a new volume and start moving data to this new volume. Mark
mark@acsconsult.com

You may also want to check in SmartStart to see whether the server is recognising these disks. What configuration have you got the 9.1Gb disks set as? Are they plugged into the Internal SCSI? -----------------------------------------------------
"It's true, its damn true!"
-----------------------------------------------------

First, make sure that NetWare "sees" the new HDs . You need to load NWCONFIG, select "Standard Disk Options", then select "Modify disk partitions and Hot Fix". If you see the new drives there make whatever changes if any that are needed then save. If the new drives are not on the list you will need to check the SCSI Ids so that they are NOT the same as those on the other drives and then check to be sure that the driver for that controller is loaded properly.

Once you can "see" the drives in the device list you can Mirror the two drives. After they are mirrored you can create the NetWare volumes.

If you have further problems with this please email me directly. Joshua Rothschild
j.rothschild@dynamode.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back