Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Netvault on SnapServer won't start 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bilbog

Technical User
Jan 13, 2006
FR
Hi everybody,

I have follow the thread thread881-1028734 but Netvault still not running.
With 'tpa nv status' the result is
'NV' status: 'distribution exists' 'installed' 'enabled' 'not running'.
i've tried to start Netvault in many way ('/etc/rc/d/init.d/netvault start', 'tpa nv ctl start', 'tpa nv ctl uninstall' then enabled it via webgui) but nothing : with 'ps -aux' Netvault seem to quit unexpectively right after start.

Can you help me ?

Thanks

Has Netvault ever worked for you? What version of the Guardian OS are you running. In the UI, top left corner click on the Snap symbol. The about box will appear with the version number.

Hi,

Yes Netvault has worked before, but after 2 failed backup it stop to work and to communicate with the Snap Server.
Guardia Os is version 3.2.019

Bilbog, have you tried talking to Support?

You might be having other issues that causing this. Maybe something wrong with the filesystem.

Look at your syslog from the event viewer. Look for any Errors, especially around xfs or efs.

Normally, the NetVault uninstall and re-enable through the webui will fix any issues around a corrupted netvault installation. If that did not work then there is something more fundamental.

Is there free space on the volume and on the root filesystem.

type df to display the free space on the volumes.

Also, type mount. Verify that md100root, md100swap, and at least one or more hd/vol_mnt[X] are mounted.

Hi,

Every things are Ok : enough free space, md100root and /hd/vol_mnt0 mounted, no errors in the event viewer even on a reboot, i can access all my shares, all seems to be ok except for Netvault ...

YES !! It's OK !!
Now Netvault is running !!
What i've do :
'tpa nv ctl uninstall'
then
'tpa nv ctl install'

'tpa nv status give' me :
'NV' status: 'distribution exists' 'installed' 'not enabled' 'not running'
So i decide not to enable Netvault via webgui but by :
tpa nv ctl enable
and now 'tpa nv status' give me :
'NV' status: 'distribution exists' 'installed' 'enabled' 'running' !!

Anyway many thanks for youe help and your time !!

No problem. Unfortunately, using the uninstall, uninstalls the existing netvault database which forces you to start over. If you have existing tape jobs, then Netvault can scan the tapes and import that data. Also, make sure that you backup your Netvault database on a fairly regular interval.

Glad that you are up and running now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back