Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Netvault Client 'Invalid Arguments' when starting gui

Status
Not open for further replies.

chukostar

MIS
Oct 12, 2005
US
I got the 'Invalid Arguments' error when starting netvault client in windows 2000 or xp machines... if I changed the server name in gui.cfg file, then I got the 'Failed to spawn new process' error... anyone can help? thanks in advance,

You need to edit the gui.cfg in the Bakbone directory and change the value to servers=<put server name here> to
server={ip of your server}

ex:
server=192.168.1.10

DO NOT USE NOTEPAD to edit. Using notepad will change the extension on the file to be a .txt and you want the extenstion to be a .cfg so use WORDPAD to edit the file. Or use what I do, vim for windows.

that will solve your problem.

Sorry, the server= should be the name of the server not the IP of the server and it is the name of the server you are trying to control.

server=Snap07345

If this is a SnapServer you are trying to control, you can use the "Add Clients" button in the UI which will establish a communication link bewtween the client and the server and edit the gui.cfg file on the client for you.

i changed it... this time, i got the 'logon failed', then 'no controlling server set' :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back