Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NetStat Live on Vista 32 & 64 - can't get it to run, any ideas? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

davegmail

IS-IT--Management
Jun 4, 2006
US
Any other utilities that do this? in a graphical display? Or how can you make it work on Vista? Toshiba at CES 2009 told me some utilities won't work on Vista due to changes in the OS, but NSL works on Windows 98 to XP. Any ideas?

Thanks. Dave

" Have you ever wondered just how fast your network connection is? Not just how fast the modem is connected at, but how much data you can actually get? Does your internet connection sometimes seem slower than normal? Forget hacking the registry or using counter-intuitive tools to get the information you want - enter the world of AnalogX NetStat Live (NSL)! NSL is a small, easy to use TCP/IP protocol monitor which can be used to see your exact throughput on both incoming and outgoing data - whether you're using a modem, cable modem, DSL, or even local network! NSL doesn't just stop there, it lets you see how quickly your data goes from your computer to another computer on the internet; it even will tell you how many other computers your data must go through to get there! But wait - there's more! NSL also graphs your CPU usage of your system! This can be especially useful in identifying if your computer is what's slowing things down, or if it's your internet connection.

Just tried the download on my Vista x64, and it works...

this is what you have to do:

1) Go to the folder C:\Program Files\NetStat Live. (on 64bit - C:\Program Files (x86)\AnalogX\NetStat Live)
2) rename the file inetmib1.dll this folder to inetmib1.dll.old and run the program ... enjoy...

Ben

"If it works don't fix it! If it doesn't use a sledgehammer..."

Wow!! that's great! Thank you so much.

How did you figure that out? NSL does not re-create another inetmib1.dll type dll file either.

[C:\Program Files\AnalogX\NetStat Live] actual path

I'll try this on my Vista 64 PC as well.

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back