Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Netshield installation fails

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChrisCW

Technical User
Feb 17, 2003
GB
Hi Guys,

Some details;

Machine: Windows 2000 Server SP3 IE6SP1
Download: NNT450LEN.zip
I unzipped the zip file and ran "setup.exe".
The installation almost completes, but at one of the final screens, the installation is automatically rolled back
and we have the message : "The wizard was interrupted before Mcaffee Netshield 4.5.0 could be completely installed."

I certainly did not cancel the installation - has anyone had this problem this before??

IIS is also running on this PC.

ChrisCW

I am having the same problem after installing VirusScan Ver. 7 then removing and re-installing Netshield 4.5. I sent the NS2000.MSI installer log file to Network Associates. I am waiting for a reply.

Have you had any response from NAI about this error yet?, I am experiencing the same on an NT4 SP6a box.

I called the McAfee account rep. yesterday. They still don't have an answer yet.

Try this :
- create directory c:\temp
- unzip all installation to c:\temp
- run setup from that directory

Hope works!

Just tried installation from C:\temp, no difference, the installation rolls back when it tries to start the service.

Hmmm,

I was more then sceptic about the c:\temp procedure, but god knows why, It worked.

It might have something to do with the fact the the folder from where I was trying to install from is a replica in a nfs folder, or maybe it has really nothing to do :)

But it worked for me. thanks !

I had the same problem with version 7.0, but solved almost like the c:\temp. JUst moved from the network folder to a local folder on the server, and it worked.

A+, MCP, CCNA
marbinpr@hotmail.com

"I just know that I know nothing"
Socrates (469-399 B.C.E.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back