Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NetSH Help Request Setting Info

Status
Not open for further replies.

ImageReflection

Technical User
Dec 16, 2002
US
I am currently working on an image for corp use. (well have been for the last year).. and I'm stumped. The image works as follows:
Ghost the machine
Image will run sysprep to build everything (hardware and networking)..
Custom script Adds computer to correct domain upon first reboot.

Problem: There are several resource domains but the primary domain is x.com whereas computers are in y.com, computers need the default search suffix to be x.com NOT y.com

I have tried to use custom scripting to correct this but scripting is actually being done in winbatch and it has no functions for this..
I have tried to sysdiff and just do regkeyedits.. but the key is actually a SID of the nic that i cant pull.
I have looked into Netsh angle but microsoft's stuff is SOOOO cryptic. I found references to it's posiblity but no direct answers.

Can anyone help with a suggestion?
Thanks

My first reaction to this would be to try and resolve this via DHCP. Perhaps you can look into scope options/dns name to provide the correct suffix. If there are machines that you need to address separately, you could reserve addressing and assign whatever separate options you feel are required (the getmac tool from the resource kit is a real aid).
There are probably other ways around this but this was my knee-jerk reaction and hence the one i would try first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back