Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Netscreen to Linksys Router

Status
Not open for further replies.

tahoe3

IS-IT--Management
May 17, 2002
US
We have been unsuccessful getting the Linksys cable/dsl router to work with VPN. Any help in the configuration would be helpful.

Do you mean that you are trying to create a VPN between a Linksys router and the NetScreen at your office? Or are you merely trying to pass a VPN through the Linksys to your office firewall? Which model Linksys is it?

There is a possibly better device from NetGear. Their packet firewall is apparently a more capable IPsec box and has better features than the Linksys. Also, if you get it over at Datacomm Warehouse it'll only cost you about $140.

Getting back to the original question.

Has anyone been able to establish a vpn with a netscreen and a Linksys VPN router?

JR

Yes, between a Netscreen and a Linksys BEFVP41 running 1.40.3.

if you don't mind sharing how you did it bking. much appeciated. I am trying to do the same thing. Linksys on pppoe to netscreen5xp on static. Its using firmware 1.43 and screenOS ver 3.x

Thanks
[gorgeous]

I haven't explicitly tried a netscreen to linksys but I have done a linksys to checkpoint tunnel. I used the linksys VPN router, not the linksys firewall router. Given the close similarities btw netscreen and checkpoint I would think that the tunnel would be established rather easily.

What version if linksys do you have ?

Detail on configuring VPN between Netscreen and Linksys BEFVP41 would be appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back