Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Netscreen 5GT VPN to Microsoft XP/2000 remote clients 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ctsocanos

Technical User
Feb 24, 2005
US
Dear Anyone ---

Im having a tough time setting up a simple VPN connection from remote Microsoft 2000/xp clients to my home office Netscreen 5gt. The 5GT is connected via PPPoe to a DSL modem.

I tried to follow the L2PT instruction on junipers/netscreens site but havent had any luck. I do NOT want my remote users to use a third party client and I DO NOT (at this poitn) need any crazy security. i want to give them simple VNC/file access to my internal server... any ideas...

thanks for the help

C-Nizzle

I use the Netscreen remote office client and it works great. You can get 10 users for $100.00. It sets up great security.

You cannot configure an L2TP tunnel with the endpoint as the Netscreen. The NS implementation is L2TP over IPSec. The NS cannot be a tunnel endpoint for L2TP or PPTP. You can, however, configure a PPTP server behind the Netscreen and use PPTP from the client to the server with the NS as a pass-through.

Hey -

At this poitn I need a conenction from my laptop(xp) to a server behind a netscreen 5gt (connected to a dsl using PPPoe) what are my options?

I DONT GIVE A HOOT ABOTU SECURITY AT HTIS POINT - I just need a conenction

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back