Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Netscreen 10 OS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icefalkon

MIS
Jan 20, 2004
US
Would anyone have the .bin file for the NS 10/OS 3.1.x?

Right now I have 2.6.1 on her, and I want do MIP to the DMZ but use the interface IP addy. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!

Ice

Ice falcon,

i don't think you can use the untrust interface ip for a mip or vip.
This function was to the best of my recollection only permitted on the 5 series.

Regards

Njetscreamer

Hey NJetscreamer,

Ice here...yeah, I know you're able to do it with one of the 5's...but I "think" I read that with OS 3.x.x.x you can do it also. I'm thinking of just Ebaying my 10, and getting something from Netgear for the house instead, it's too much overkill with the ole 10 anyway. LOL

Ice

Ice,

I saw your posting of OS 2.6.1 on a netscreen 10 , I have a netscreen 10 brought at auction, trying to recover username password, seems I need minimium SW of 2.6.1. I waiting for netscreen to reply to my issue, if they respond with OS 3.1.x then I will forward it your way. Would it be much to ask if you could forward me 2.6.1 so that I could recover username and password with asset feature in OS 2.6.1.

regards

hajdukova

Haj,

No prob man, I'm in Montreal on assignment until 2/8/04 but once I'm back home, I'll send you the OS I have for the 10.

Ice

Ice,

Top man thanks for that , enjoy Montreal.

Email: jigould@btinternet.com

Hajdukova

Ice,

Are you back from Montreal, any chance of 2.6.1 OS for my netscreen 10.

regards

I have same os 2.6.1. try to do the same thing you have. Did figure it out yet? if so, can you share with me.

Many Thanks

Ben

I have the same issue with my netscreen 10A, I have no user name and password and the reset feature does not work. If someone could forward the OS to jsmith@outerbounds.com, that would be awesome.

Thanks,
Jeff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back