Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Netscapeonline.co.uk SMTP error!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

VinnieBlast

Technical User
Feb 7, 2002
GB
Hiya
I can receive mail alright using netscapeonline.co.uk POP3, but, I cant send mail using the SMTP. Anyone know what is wrong. I am using Pegasus as the client. I dont think it is Pegasus though as I had the smae problem in Outlook 2000. I have the SMTP address correctly it is: mailhost.netscapeonline.co.uk

Thanks

Vinnie

The problem can be corrected with outlook by going into options and telling it that your server "uses authentication". This tells the mail client to use your username and password when sending mail out. Outlook and outlook express do not do this by default.....hope this helps

Spinny, can this be perfomred in Pegasus?
Thanks

Vinnie

Okay I went into Options and told it that my server requires authentication and still no luck.
I am still at the point where I cant send out the mail. Anymore ideas...?
Vinnie

I have one user running Pegasus and he hasn't been able to to get it to deliver mail outside our domain since I installed the Antirelay plugin....we have found no solution.

I know this doesn't help but atleast you're not alone.

spinny

I have a user also with Pegasus and he can reply with Netscapeonline but cannot send an original message.
I still cannot send from Outlook with Netscapeonline.co.uk.
There has to be a solution!! Netscape themselves have been no help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back