Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Netscape vs Internet Explorer

Status
Not open for further replies.

davejoyce

Programmer
Jun 26, 2000
US
Visit site
I have a .csv file on my coldfusion server. I want the user to be able to display this file in excel and/or be able to download it to his/her local hard drive. This works fine in Internet Explorer, but in netscape, the .csv file is brought up in the browser window with the commas in tact.<br><br>I looked in preferences under applications, and I do have a csv type defined. Is there something else missing, or will netscape not allow displaying a csv file in excel.<br><br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Thanks,<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Dave Joyce <p>Dave Joyce<br><a href=mailto:DaveJoyce@hotmail.com>DaveJoyce@hotmail.com</a><br><a href= > </a><br>

The mime type had to be set on the netscape server to associate excel with the .csv file <p>Dave Joyce<br><a href=mailto:DaveJoyce@hotmail.com>DaveJoyce@hotmail.com</a><br><a href= > </a><br>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back