Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Netscape Preferences Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

hungry

Programmer
Jul 18, 1999
US
Greetings,<br><br>I hope this is the right forum.&nbsp;&nbsp;If not please tell me where to go. :)<br><br>I had Netscape Communicator 4.7 installed on my computer and, after working fine for several months, it started causing Windows (Windows 95 C) to crash.&nbsp;&nbsp;I uninstalled it, and downloaded 4.72.&nbsp;&nbsp;When I installed the new version, the &quot;Fonts&quot; and &quot;Navigator&quot; categories were missing out of the &quot;Edit&quot;--&gt;&quot;Preferences&quot; dialog.&nbsp;&nbsp;After uninstalling/re-installing several times, I thought the setup file might have gotten corrupted in the download.&nbsp;&nbsp;So, I went to the Netscape ftp site and downloaded version 4.7&nbsp;&nbsp;(I thought it might be a 4.72 specific bug).&nbsp;&nbsp;4.7 has the same problem.<br><br>Since it spans two versions, I guess it must be something wrong with my computer, but I ran Norton WinDoctor, and it didn't fix it.<br><br>Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.<br><br>Ben Logan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back