Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Netscape Messanging server 4.15 anitirelay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
Dear sir
Please advise me how to implement antirelay in Netscape messanging server 4.15
in windows nt 4.0 operating system

Howdy,

Here is a link to the anti-relay solution that I have been using with quite a bit of success. It is basically a manually configured bulk mail filter script that you modify for your system and plug into your mail server. The directions on this site are fairly self explanatory.

Thanks and good luck,
Ken Kasmar
Red Falcon Internetworking, Inc.

Hello,

I also have Netscape Messaging Server 4.15 sp7 installed on Windows NT4.0 Sp6a. My email server is still open for relay and I have setup the antirelay.conf and the server is still open for relay.

If you found the problem with your mail server please let me know how you got it to work.

Thank you,
Marcello

I have had the same problem and finally overcame it without any good resources for help. All documentation I found was geared to Unix and even when followed to the letter doesn't work.

Print out the configutil directions that are included with the Netscape server and use the directions you already have for configuring and installing the antirelay.dll and antirelay.conf. Then use the command line configutil to tell the server to load antirelay as a smtp service. Then restart the server and check your SMTP logs. The logs will show the server restart and the successfull loading of the antirelay plugin if all has been configured correctly.

Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back