Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Netscape Installation 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

bridamol

Programmer
Mar 7, 2003
IN
Hi,

I have installed Solaris 9. But it has not installed the Netscape browser on it. How do i install netscape browser now.
Can anybody help me.

amol Brid

Try putting in your Solaris 8 CD, and then:

[tt]cd /cdrom/cdrom0/s0/Solaris_8/Product
pkgadd -d .[/tt]

Then choose the NSCPcom package and install it. Annihilannic.

Hi,

Annihilannic, I have add the netscape package from the CD. But still i am not able to open the netscape browser.
When i double click on the netscape file in the SUNWns6 directory it opens the Run window displaying message as Running Netscape 6.x.x. Do i have to install Mozia.

Thankyou jmiturbe for helping me.

Bye.

Hi,

Sorry Annihilannic for my previous post.

Now browser is installed on my machine. I did not installed the NSCPcom package, thats why i was unable to open browser.

Thank you very much.

One more problem i am having now is that, we have a WIN2K server connected to internet. Now how can i access the internet.

Bye

You need to enable Internet Connection Sharing on the Windows 2000 computer, and then put it's IP address in /etc/defaultrouter on your Solaris system. Then either reboot or type route add default 1.2.3.4 where 1.2.3.4 is the IP address of the Windows 2000 system. You will also have to configure the correct DNS settings in /etc/resolv.conf and cp /etc/nsswitch.dns /etc/nsswitch.conf. Annihilannic.

Hi,

I have not selected the router in setup. and the file
/etc/defaultrouter doesnot exists.

Amol Brid.

You will have to add the file /etc/defaultrouter which just contains the IP address of the router.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back