Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Netscape email says unable to write the email to the mailbox. 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

diamfreak

Technical User
Mar 11, 2004
US
In Netscape email, whenever I attempt to download my email, I receive the following message, "unable to write the email to the mailbox. make sure the files system allows you write priviliges and you have enough disk space to copy the mailbox."

Any ideas? This is a cable connection running W2k.

Yes, this has worked for over a year. This error is brand new.

Off the top of my head, this sounds like a problem related to the permissions on the file or directory where the mail is actually stored. Did you restore a backup from a CD perhaps? Did you recently change anything related to Windows usernames or NTFS permissions? I'm not quite sure how Netscape stores mail, so I can't be much more specific than that.

I actually found the answer to the problem. My Inbox was over 2Gs. I tried to just compact the folders but that didn't work. I actually had to right click on the Inbox and click compact folders. I then exited Netscape and then reopened it and all was well again!!

Thank you for your help in this matter!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back