Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Netscape Directory Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

susheeltips

Programmer
Nov 8, 2001
US
Hi,

Has anyone used Netscape Directory Server for the security constraints of user? I have tried the same and when i am adding a connection from Access Manager to the Directory Server it says that the server is not active inspite of the server being on.

thanks in advance,
bye,

Verify that your DN and port # are setup correctly (the same as the server's).

Hi n30er!

I have tried with proper DN and port number. Let me tell u that the DN which was present during the installation was "cn=Directory Manager" and "o=Airius.com" and the port was "1179", when i gave the same parameters in the Access Manager where i add a new Directory Server by right clicking on the Directory Server option and select "Add Connection".

Please see if u could tell something,'

thanks in advance,
bye

Sounds like you used the Netscape default. When you step through the Access Manager config, are you using those same parameters, or the ones that Cognos is defaulting to?

The ones Cognos is defaulting me. This is only a trial, it works out with default i shall try my own DN.

Hi!

Like for example can u tell me what parameters i need to use.

Thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back