Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Netscape Browser Disappearances/Crashing

Status
Not open for further replies.

aeowen

Programmer
Feb 16, 2001
US
Hi all - I'm looking for some info on what kinds of things might cause the entire Netscape browser window to just disappear...Using WinNT and IIS 4 as a web server, Java and SQL/Oracle as a back end, and of course, html, thtml, flash and javascript on the client side. Sometimes we get a dr. watson error, other times we don't, but it's a client dr. watson, not a server. Other info? It's very very hard to reproduce and not every person using Netscape in the testing area can reproduce it. Seems specific to this release of our site, previous releases don't seem to have this problem so it's either something we added/changed or it's a problem that the browser has with long term use.
Any ideas?

Whenever I try to access certain sites, all the Netscape 4.7 browser window opened until then just dissappear.

It happens only with some sites like my.netscape.com, hotmail.com,kiwibox.com,etc

I get a glimpse of these sites just before they disappear.

I've seen this problem with HTML-based mail as well; in fact, everything that contains HTML crashes Netscape 4.76 now. I'm running Win98se.

Weirdly, Netscape 6.01 doesn't exhibit this behaviour. *flail*
Unfortunately, there are significant interface differences between Netscape Communicator 4.7x and Netscape 6.x. :(

If someone finds a solution to this problem, let me know fast, please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back