Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Netscape 6 Preview Release Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

carpeliam

Programmer
Mar 17, 2000
US
I just downloaded the new preview release, and I have mixed feelings. Granted, it's just a beta, but it's not completely standards compliant yet. That bugs me. On something so simple as justified text with CSS... Netscape 6 misses the mark.&nbsp;&nbsp;And resizing stops a flash video... resizing and refreshing bugs were one of my most hated bugs in NN4. The worst thing about it? The feedback page does not work; there is a problem with the submission script. So you guys get my rant... anybody else want to talk about the new preview release? <p>Liam Morley<br><a href=mailto:lmorley@wpi.edu>lmorley@wpi.edu</a><br><a href=] :: imotic :: website :: [</a><br>"light the deep, and bring silence to the world.<br>
light the world, and bring depth to the silence."

Straight from the Netscape Users Newsgroup:<br><br>Please direct all Netscape 6.0b1 complaints, bugs and feature requests<br>to one of the following groups as per your operating system:<br><br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;snews://secnews.netscape.com/netscape.netscape6.windows<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;snews://secnews.netscape.com/netscape.netscape6.macintosh<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;snews://secnews.netscape.com/netscape.netscape6.unix<br><br>

I concur.&nbsp;&nbsp;You cited a few of the bugs but there are many, many more.&nbsp;&nbsp;I've beta tested software many times but can never recall a major player in any genre releasing such a sorry product even at prerelease, beta 1 levels.&nbsp;&nbsp;The interface alone looks ridiculous.&nbsp;&nbsp;Additionally, their recent 4.7 and 4.72 releases have frequently crashed and locked up my system.<br><br>I've been a Netscape advocate since version 1.0 and I've never strayed.&nbsp;&nbsp;However, after looking at what they've released after a year and a half of development, I may have no choice than to switch to that repulsive Microsoft product.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back