Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Netmeeting through ICS

Status
Not open for further replies.

tombert3

MIS
Oct 23, 2001
US
Has anyone got this to work? Server is Win2K, int/ext clients are Win98. MS has all these port settings to configure (dynamic UDP) and I can't figure out how to open each one. Nor can I find any info on general ICS port usage. Netmeeting pages say "ICS has trouble with dynamic ports," but does that mean it can't do it? Default settings allow video & audio out of ICS but not in.

You CAN do it, but you need to open ports 389 and 523 as well as ensuring dynamic ports are all available.

Problem is that Netmeeting doesn't actually like NAT. Why would you expect it to work? Netmeeting, ICS, 2000 Server and 98 are all made by Microsoft...

Have you tried either specifying the Netmeeting machine in the NAT manually so it appears to be outside or otherwise using gatekeeper software?

i was trying to get away with not using any gatekeepers or other software.

could you give a few more details on what exactly to put in the port fields (ie incoming port ranges). any pages that ive found explain it in proxy2.0 terms whose dialog boxes made more sense. when i try a port range 0-65535 (for dymanic udp) it says invalid range or port number.

im also not sure how to edit the NAT manually on ICS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back