Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Netmeeting problems since installing SP1

Status
Not open for further replies.

hwmueller

Technical User
Jan 16, 2001
Hi

Before installing service pack one I could have video netmeetings. Now although I can connect and chat to the remote party I cannot send or receive video images. Anyone have any ideas??

Hans

Uninstall SP1?

I haven't installed it on my home PC yet, every time I turn around there's another problem with it. Jennifer Sigman
1/2 of the IT staff (does that make me assistant manager?)

Ugh... Might wanna go scrounging around Microsoft's website then, I don't know if there's another update to fix that problem, or if they know about it yet. Good luck.

It's usually a good idea (for the future) to pick the setting that let's you uninstall a service pack. MS is bad about throwing things out there that have glitches in them still. Jennifer Sigman

it seems that my cam is sending and receiving a signal, just not changing that signal to pics. I can webcam with yahoo messenger, just not MS software. How can a configure the ports that Netmeeting and MSN messenger use to send video???

That I don't know. Hopefully someone who does will come by here and let you know. Jennifer Sigman

Halfway down the page.

Also if you put "Windows XP Voice/Video Conferencing" in a Google Search you will pull up numerous other sites.

The strange thing is that I both mine and the remote computer receive signals, yet these do not change into pictures so something seems to be blocking them.

Have you tried uninstalling your webcam and then re-installing it. If your webcam is USB I have seen it suggested that you disconnect it before you install the drivers. What does Device Manager say about your USB and webcam? When you test the audio and video prior to conferencing do you get a picture then?

yes, the picture is fine until i establish a connection, then it stays on my video but the remote user cannot see anything nor can I see them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back