Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Netlogon script does not execute

Status
Not open for further replies.

colpaarm

Programmer
Jun 30, 2003
US
Hey guys. I'm trying to set up a rh 9.0 box with samba 2.2.7a as a pdc. I'm able to log into the domain and even print to the samba printer. However, my netlogon script is not executing. The pertinent info in my smb.conf file is

logon script = netlogon.bat
time server = yes
[netlogon]
path = /home/netlogon
writable = no
browsable = no

and netlogon.bat contains

net use Q: \\uberbeast\sharetop
net time \\uberbeast /set /yes

I used the unix2dos command to make sure that windows likes the file. I even downloaded the batch file and ran it from my xp machine with no problems. I run samba as root and root has 777 to all necessary directories. I'm stumped here and I guess not too many people have had this simple problem because I don't see too many postings on this subject. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Never mind. Although I have samba running as root, when I log on as a user, that user executes the script, which makes sense. So I did not have the permissions set properly for that user.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back