Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Netgear Won't Work Unless User is Administrator

Status
Not open for further replies.

byrne1

Programmer
Aug 7, 2001
US
I have installed a Netgear wireless-N router but I'm having a problem with the software. I'm running it on an XP pro machine and it will not work unless the user is an administrator. I cannot make the user an administrator but I need the wireless access. I've searched the internet but I cannot find anything to help me.

Does anyone have any advice on this?

Not actually used an 802.11n router, but don't see why they should be different from the b or g versions. I have never used any of the software that comes with a router...

Can you not access the router via your normal web browser?

ROGER - G0AOZ.

I think I could, but when the computer starts up the Netgear wirelss mamager won't load. It will attempt to load but hangs if the user is not an administrator. I actually have to terminate the process when I try to log off or shut down.

Ok, apologies I misunderstood your original post...

I take it Windows' Wireless Zero Configuration won't do the business?

Did you install the Netgear Wireless software having initially logged on with administrative rights?

ROGER - G0AOZ.

Yes, it was installed using a domain admin account. Windows Zero Config I don't think will handle it, but I haven't explicitly tried it yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back