Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Netgear + Trend Client\Server Security

Status
Not open for further replies.

matty1404

MIS
Feb 12, 2007
US
Is there any compatability issues with Netgear and Trend Micro. I think I have narrowed my problem to somwhere on the network shutting me from the AP. The wireless works fine, but it wont let me log into the AP to configure it. I shut down my personal trend firewall and it let me log in, but very slow. I don't know what else to do. I reset them and they work perfect for like 2 hours then they go back to not being able to even ping them. Could this also be a DNS problem?

Can you give us an idea of you complete setup.

IE Modem--Router --PC etc

When frustrated remember, in the computer world there is almost always a backdoor.

IE7, Vista, wg102 AP from netgear. We have a sonicwall firewall. I use to run XP with IE6 and I still had the same problem. I tried uninstalling trend and it sill never worked.

Which device is the DHCP?
Which device is the gateway?
Have you made sure the sonic and netgear don't have the came IP?
Is it you cannot get log into the sonic or netgear or both?

What order
Modem--Sonicwall--Router--PC's
or
Modem--Router--Sonicwall--PC's

When frustrated remember, in the computer world there is almost always a backdoor.

dhcp is a totally different server. We can't log into any of the netgear AP's, we have three of them. The gateway is the sonicwall. It goes modem, sonicwall, router, pc's.

Things to try

Disconnect everything
Only connect

Modem--Sonicwall--Server(w/dhcp)
Browse internet
Run speed test
See how the connection holds
Can you ping each device

Add one netgear in AP mode only
Modem--Sonicwall--Netgear AP--Server
Browse internet
Run speed test
Can you ping each device

Add wired then wireless client pc
Modem--Sonicwall--Netgear AP--Server
\client pc
\wireless pc
Browse internet
Run speed test
Can you ping each device

Continue building out until the problem occurs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back