Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Netgear FVS318 to client, cannot browse network

Status
Not open for further replies.

jim7808

IS-IT--Management
Jan 28, 2005
GB
Hi,

I have a netgear FVS318 connected to my network of windows XP pro computers. I have a remote laptop system also Windows XP Pro running Netgear Client Software. I have set up a connection between the two systems in many ways and can establish a succesfull connection each time.

My problem is that I cannot browse the network on my LAN. I can Ping computers IP in either direction.

DHCP is assigned automatically via the FVS318

I have read some of the questions and answers on tek tips that suggest my dns or wins maybe incorrect. How can i tell if these are set correctly.

Thanks

I know this is simple - but do you have netbios enabled in the vpn settings of the fvs318?

Try using Windows computer search via the start menu to find computers on your network. Type in the exact name of the computer and see if that works.

Thanks for the help, all appeared to be set ok however it turns our i had to make an entry into LMHOSTS file. now all ok

thanks

jim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back